Monday, January 10, 2011

A Fresh Start To Our New Year! #31Days


 
   The beginning of the year can sometimes lead us to making unhealthy choices so... we've decided to make healthy eating our 2011 New Year Resolution. I got the opportunity to do a shop with Collective Bias on Lean Cuisine dinners and The Skinny Cow desserts #31days. I thought this would be a great start to our year. My family and I went to Walmart to purchase the products and found there were so many to choose from... a nice variety for everyday eating. The Lean Cuisine was at really great price of $1.98 and the Skinny Cow was a little more at $3.98 but still within the competitors prices. 
I found that all the meals had a good source of fiber, were low in fat, and the calories were low for each meal. For example with Lean Cuisine... My son Tyler chose the Shrimp Alfredo. In that meal there are 250 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 3 grams of fiber per serving. I chose the Alfredo Pasta with Chicken & Broccoli. In that meal there are 300 calories, 6 grams of fat, and 3 grams of fiber. And for The Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches each are 140 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 3 grams of fiber. I personally thought this was very healthy.

Everything was very easy and convinient to cook. A very quick and healthy dinner for our busy family. I find it hard to cook homemade healthy meals on busy activity days, by the time I get home from work its already almost time for all the after school activities. We would always, in the past, eat unhealthy on all those days. This will definitelly be a great new way to eating quick and also eating healthy.

Here is my Whrrl of my shop. With all the shopping, Preperations, and the family trying our new way of living :)  
Powered by Whrrl


The meals were a success with my family and I feel this will be our way of staying on track from now on with our way of eating healthy. 

Disclosure: I was compensated for this shop from Collective Bias. Any and all my opinions are 100% my own.

2 comments:

  1. That is great. I am glad you are all doing it together! I think that is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, they are really quick and easy. One more reason I love them. The Skinny Cows make it fun to eat because I know how much is in them and they don't taste like a diet ice cream or anything. I was really worried about that the first time I tried them, same with the Lean Cuisine. Everything tastes pretty good. Hope ya'll enjoy them.

    http://www.homemom3.com

    ReplyDelete